Do You Have Beauty Salon Courtesy?
I am usually a “do it yourself” type of hair girl, so when I actually make time to go into the salon and get my ends clipped and take a bit of me time I find myself more anxious than when I went in. As Sistas sometimes the salon is the only place that we can get away from Him and them and chop it up with some other ladies without little ears around! But here are 10 quick tips to make sure that you do not impose your “tude” on others while at the shop:
• Leave your problems in the car. They are not going anywhere, but you can revitalize your mind and take some much needed “me time.” However, bringing your attitude in the shop can interfere in somebody elses relax time.
• Be on time. When you are late to your hair appointment, you make the hair shop homeostasis uncomfortable because now your hairdresser has to rush somebody else.
• Do not stare at other people, this seems like a very simple rule, but staring at other people is rude and makes them uncomfortable.
• Eat before you get there. Eating in the salon is very similar to eating in your cubicle at work, plain and simple, it’s rude. You may think that your food smells amazing, but mixed with the chemicals it could be an unpleasant smell. Eat your food in the car but an apple and a bottle of water is okay to bring in the shop with you!
• Do not yell in the shop, you may not realize that it is rude, but I am here to tell you that it is.
• Do not talk on the phone in the shop. You may need a take a call from your children or even a good friend, but sitting on the phone in the shop is rude-don’t do it.
• If you are bringing a bottle of water in the shop for yourself, get one for your stylist. She is hot, behind those irons and she will appreciate you thinking of her!
• If you are not feeling good or sociable it is okay to bring a book to read. Your stylist will probably get the message, bringing headphones however is rude.
• Do not gossip. It’s the shop, there will be gossip. But by taking the high road you will always be respected!…and keep yourself out of mess.
• Be showered. There is nothing more that I need to say about that.
These are my Top 10 quickie rules!! Make sure that you are beauty salon friendly!!
Sharelle D. Lowery